Originally Posted by macca
Umm, isn't there a video where Carolijn says they had no problems being fast in the windy conditions and they weighed 119kg??

The simple fact is that top level teams will target a lighter weight than currently seen as optimal. They will work harder on the boat and simply learn to sail it better in the heavy conditions. There is data that shows every class that is made Olympic sees a weight drop of 8-9kg per athlete as the top teams learn how to sail the boats better.

This will become even more critical if a 16ft boat is chosen.

So, what you are saying since I'm 175 I should go ahead and sell my boat and get completely out of sailing? 175 is too heavy for an A-cat too. My body fat percentage is no more than 14 percent, so I don't think I'm fat and wouldn't be considered fat by anyone's standards.

You and a bunch of other people are so racist when it comes to weight and other things, no wonder the sport is taking a nose dive.

Let's go back to last year's F18 nationals. If I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong Macca, didn't you have one of the heaviest boats and heavier crew weights? Where did you place?

I'm quoting you here cause you are basically saying you have to have skill to be able to do well in varying conditions.

Or am I wrong and as soon as I see a light weight crew show up, I should pack my boat up and go home?

Is that what you are saying? If you are, i'm selling my boat tomorrow and I'm done with it!

Mike

Viper USA 132

1984 Hobie 18