The discussion from the event is about crew weight relative to wind strength. Wandering off on tangents only muddies the water and ultimately results in a mash-up with little resolution.

Fair enough....

I think that one up versus two up data will have more impact on a new class but OK...

The only interesting issue to me would be... is the F16 package more or less weight sensitive relative to an F18 design.... Is the F16 design more or less weight sensitive relative to a Tornado. Is the F16 more or less weight sensitive to the F18HT.

So, you would need all four data sets. Holding the rig constant as in the Alter cup eliminates a variable but what I want to know is ... how fair the package will be in Beufort 2 to 4 winds and what is the crew weight range and median.

IMO, the lightweight two man boats (M20's,F18HT's and F16's) behave a bit differently then the heavyweight two man boats (F18, N20's and Tornadoes).

(PS... with all of the android and apple phones in the world... How come we don't have an app that allows you to enter some sail numbers (voice or keyboard) and tap them as they cross the line and put the data directly into your scoring program... This app would definitely solve RC hedaches)

crac.sailregattas.com