Originally Posted by pgp
Tough series. The winner wins without a bullet and second place wins with 5 bullets missing by 1 point.

I'd say consistency was the key.

If you look at the results, most of the races he got 3rd place, even in winds that would favor the heavier crews of 16kts, he got a 2nd. In theory, with all of this weight sensitive stuff going around, he should have gotten a 1st, but it went to Taylor and Matthew. Or does Taylor and Matthew weigh less than Struble?

Again, no one has even guessed how much the teams weight, I'm sure there are enough people on this board who can guess on half of these teams weight, but no one wants to pipe up.

What's the deal with that, are you afraid of something?

Are you afraid of been proven wrong?

If you also notice at the full results, it has at what speed the winds were in each race.

We can deduce a lot of different things by the results. From what I can tell, the teams that have the skills, can over come some of the weight sensitivity issues that a lot of you perceive here.

Mark has the right idea though, is the F16 design more or less weight sensitive than the other boats. There's a spectrum here, just like the F18's. But, it seems everytime the F16's do a race, the weight issue always comes up from someone, WHY? Are you afraid to admit something?

Here's what I'll admit to...

The F16's have an all around competitive weight of about 285 to 320'ish. 320 is pushing it, but it can be done. If you are getting on either side of that by too many lbs, there will be a disadvantages on both sides of the wind spectrum. I'll also admit, that if the F16 does some how get selected for the Olympics, that the limits will be pushed one way or the other. That will depend on the teams. Mark and Macca could be correct in that if they get chosen you will see the teams be feather weights. So what, at least I'll admit to it that that could happen.

Can anyone else admit to something here? Or am I the only one who is being honest with themselves?

Mike

Viper USA 132

1984 Hobie 18