Newsflash: I top of the line, Tybee 500 winner, Tradewinds winner etc. N20 is available for less than $12k now. I sold my boat, easily capable of the same, for less than $9k (older sails). The guys racing these boats are generally bigger (crew weight >400 lbs), and don't have the $33k for a F20c (in general).

I bought the N20 because, at the time, the local fleet size was large, lake sailing and ocean sailing were the predominate racing conditions, for which the N20 is great at. I'm living in a generally light-air location nowadays, with an active N20 fleet, but I sold the boat before moving here and won't be buying another. Why? I don't need a boat capable of supporting a >400 lb crew, making the F18 a much more ideal platform given the large fleet size, and the fact that for $12k I can buy a competitive boat.

If I had unlimited $$$ (working on that part), I'd have a F18 and a F20c, with the later for pure distance racing events where flat line speed is king and the former for large fleet around the buoys racing.

Last edited by samc99us; 10/06/11 09:48 AM.

Scorpion F18