"Nacra deserves a successful one design fleet"

Wow.... Deserves....

That is bass backwards.... The customer drives the process..

So... do you hear ANY talk on the beach that SMOD is missed?
Do you see any upset among the formula sailors (F16 or F18) that development is too fast and they want to go back to SMOD .... (If any thing... some people are itching to ramp it up.)
Had you ever had a conversation that resolved... What we REALLY NEED in cat racing is a boat BETWEEN 16 and 18 that out performs all of em...

Maybe Nacra knows something of customers that they don't know of themselves. I know for a fact that customers don't think nacra deserves a dammn thing.

A racing class needs critical mass of people who want to do the same thing..... Does the Nacra carbon 20 (I don't even know what the proper class name is) have that critical mass of racers anywhere? I read somewhere that Nacra new 20 sales have stopped as those people who wanted that kind of ride got one and the market is now full. 2 of the 4 (or so thought to be in NA are now for sale in the states.

Seems to me that if the boat is selected for mixed multihull then it will have an instant class that will look like the Tornado class of the last 15 years...eg small and professional.... Otherwise..... I don't see it making a class and so it will be just another nice boat.

(maybe NACRA will invest/sponsor handicap racing to give their SMOD boats a game to play in)... he he smile

crac.sailregattas.com