Originally Posted by Undecided
Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Three fleets for different skill levels and plenty of beer.

You know... this is is just an asinine and ignorant statement.
You demonstrate a fundamental lack of respect towards the sailors in other classes.

Do you really think that the Hobie 16 sailors are less accomplished then the F18 sailors or F16 sailors.

At the very least... I would take the seamanship skills of someone racing a Hobie 16 for 30 years over the seamanship of a new sailor with an F18!

This attitude is not unique to you...
If you don't respect your competitors... you don't need to show up and play. (gee... is turnout a problem in your part of the world???)
So... whether it's a one design regatta where most of the sailors are the back of the fleet, a local handicap regatta with Hobie 16's to Nacra F20cs, or the Area US Sailing championship qualifiers.... when you don't respect ALL of the competitors in the game... there is not much reason to spend your time and money.

Fact of life... good sailors are good sailors... they race in all different classes... disrespecting them (Three fleets for different skill levels) diminishes the racing community.

Easy there sparky,

In Pete's defense, I think he was saying that the H16 has three different fleet "levels", such as gold silver bronze, A, B, C, etc... for differing skill levels amongst the overall fleet.

I don't think he was saying that H16 sailors suck. I don't think anyone on this board would think that.

it,s not the sailors that suck.........(sorry H16 fans. to easy)