I don't think that the Star or some of the other monos that are in the Olympics are good representations of the sailing world outside of the games

True... but there is overwhelming support from the mna's for these boats. Representation of the sailing universe is not a goal... they tossed Keel boats from the games. enough said about popularity. This debate is settled.

The "PINNACLE" is about the event... not the boat... The event is single handed men's dinghy... not laser. The event is mixed multihull. (granted it's a new pinnacle but that is the cross we carry! More the point... it's settled)

If you want more television coverage, more sponsors, more sailors, more events; you have to pick a hot platform

Nope... that is a pipe dream.... What boat is faster, hotter, cooler then an AC45 right now...Raced by the biggest pro names in the sport. Yet, they can't break through on TV yet..

NBC/ESPN markets Olympic stories of sacrifice, victory over the hurdles, the human spirt.... Nobody cares about the boat type... Hell... nobody cares about the HORSE in the jumping competition... and I put my money on the HORSE as the big factor in that competition. The public only cares about our guys representing our nation winning gold.

IMO, we are best served with a boat that you can have 50 boats on the line by this summers end. (first)

A boat that woman have a shot at being the sheet hand as well as helm. (second)

A boat that the asian countries can fit their talent on and be competitive out of the box. (third)

Don't muck up an existing amateur class... (fourth)

YMMV

crac.sailregattas.com