Originally Posted by Rolf_Nilsen
So far there have only been 9 voters in the poll. Surely more sailors must have an opinion?

I don't feel qualified to have a vote. I usually sail 1-up and the few times I've had someone else onboard, I still didn't bend on the jib, and I haven't been in any real races, just some beer can runs.

I only have one harness. When my wife/crew does go out with me, she wears the harness and her sole job is to make sure we don't capsize. I leave the jib on shore, and I still take care of everything as if I was sailing 1-up.

Of course, just because I'm not qualified to vote doesn't mean I'm lacking in an opinion. I'm only 150 lbs and it seems to me that I have to de-power the rig long before 2-up crews do. Also, my main is cut for a jib, so it's very hard to get proper flow across both the top and bottom of the sail, usually either the top is luffing or the bottom is stalling.

I've heard about Greg doing badly at Garda, and I can't help but wonder... Was the jib hardware still on the boat? (That jib traveller is pretty heavy.) Was the main cut for a jib? Also, I have sailed an A-Cat a few times and to me, an F-16 has a very different feel. How much 1-up practice did he have *on an F-16*?

Daniel T.
Taipan F16 - USA 213