The class is going to have to either accept that the Unis are going to wither away until Uni sailing is just for recreational sailing or accept that there will be a sub division of slower boats with all the inherent problems at competitions.

That slower boat thingee is so against the original design brief of allowing all, either dual or solo to compete equally, that perhaps it maybe time to tweak the rules a bit to see where things go.

The F16 future itself, looks bright and is growing fast within Europe and America as far as a dual handed boat goes.

As far as a uni boat goes, until we can run a jib, then its always going to compete with the A's and the Shadows which have strong fleets. If we run a jib ( I guess a 2.5 metre blade jib ) then we will be different and more like the dual handed boats with all the benefits of getting the RM lower in the boat. My thoughts are we are going to end up with a 13.5 m main, 2.5 blade jib and 15m spinny, almost the exact sail sizes of the original Stealth back in 2001. When I first started sailing at Datchet all the single handers had these boats and they all loved them to bits.