Yes we race against them all the time, they are very very difficult to race well but when the skill of the sailor becomes good enough to control the razor edge they sail on, they are incrediably fast. Upwind in up to 12 knots they really are on even territory, downwind they also have a sweet spot where they are very very difficult to pass in true racing style. Enough that at my club where we regularly race against 5 - 6 boats, if you are not ahead at the start you will be almost certainly be still there at the finish, the skill and tactics playing a much bigger part than actual boat performance. Very very impressive skiff and some of the best sailors out there.

Their sailing skill is so much better than mine that its hard to compare like for like, they practice and practice and I think we have a number of top ten sailors in the world at our club, so they are very very good.

Their setup is pretty similar to ours without a rotating mast, 13.5m main, 14 m spinny which they seem to be able to get their spinnys up in a quarter of the time it takes me and they are more manouverable at 75kgs all up, for me they are just a big problem with a capital P if we all start on the same start.

On PY handicap they are 860 approx, I'm on 680 so a no brainer who is going to win on handicap and that is one of the big debates about Uni catamarans.