I think it is time I chimed in on this because I have a lot of "t-shirts" on these uni issues.

Fairness: Once the wind goes over 6kts, the 2-up config has the advantage. 6kts and below they are even with a slight advantage to the uni.

Weed Control: Advantage is huge for the 2-up.

I see it is finally being hashed out on the possibility of a uni-only class breakout. It is not defeat but a full realization of what is the reality of the situation. By offering 2 classes competing against like setups, IMO, you may increase attendance. If the crew situation flopped, you still can race with the other uni boats. I would not like going to a regatta as a uni knowing I will not trophy. By separating, sailors looking for a new class (like me!) will see the F16 class as a more viable option. Again, that is just my opinion. Like Wayne said, kudos to the original group.

Bob wink

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!