Bora is an amazingly dedicated sailor. He truly devoted every resource he could to improving in this boat.
Bora was foiling steadily in training before any other U.S. teams were. In late September I watched Mike sail circles around Bora by half a leg in nearly every race. I spoke to Bora a few times between then and January and he told me "They were really figuring some things out". He even asked me what other sailors were saying about him. Well other sailors told me that Bora has a way of looking at things and deciding whether it works for him and if not he finds what does work for him. That is what can set him apart.
I'm sure the next 6 months will be even more hardcore, it will be exciting to see what he can do.
These guys all really deserve to go to the games, I'm bummed for everyone that didn't make it especially since they dedicated so much time to it. Personally I think the two event system is ideal, everything was laid on the line over two events, all the U.S. teams were 110% fully prepared in sailing ability, spare parts (even spare boats!). At the end of the day, the best team came out on top.