Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
Originally Posted by wildtsail7

In the meantime, any boats that are stock adhere to the standard portsmouth or other rating number and those that don’t will take a deduction in their rating per the handicap system being used.
Stock is as supplied or identical to the OEM.

Regards,
Todd Riccardi
Nacra North America
Todd@Nacrasailing.com

Thanks for making this observation Todd... this is something I have been trying to explain for the past couple of years... as detailed above, that is unless it is the sail that came with the boat or new sail built built by the OEM sail maker to those specs then you need to take the modification... as the DP-N rating was done with the "stock" equipment..

Glad to see I am not the only one interpreting this with the DP-N and modification factors..

I see things a little differently.

If your not sailing in an active class and by that I mean 5 boats or more on the course there is no class.

My comments here pertain to sails.

For us and our races we do not hit someone for not having a class approved sail as long as it's within +/- 5% of the stock square footage or fits to a set of stock length battens and of the same style (pin head or square). Material and manufacturer does not matter.

Have Fun