Originally Posted by northsea junkie
Well catman, taking into account your 16 year on Ricks forum with 1.656 posts you really must have suffered by all the attacks on your sensitive nature.
You call it crap and there by insulting back your co-members on this forum.

Your parable about "this forum is like a boat at sea", explains and defines the poor universum where you live in.
Okay for you, but Rick was openly more inspired by Sailing Anarchy. I suggest you read their introduction statement.

My guess for the average (!) profile of the members of this cat-forum is: white, not poor, 75% republican, cock type (no chicken), definite opinion, well spoken, love the sailing on the water, love the decisions you have to make on the water, etc
So, they need no protection for their sensitive souls.

I don't know your age catman, but I would say: grow up man.

When Catman answers you give him all sorts of CRAP over answering honestly:
BUT when Jake responds with "I completely agree" - you thank him ???

northsea junkie - your response to Catman is way out of line. Personal attacks on his "sensitive nature, saying he lives in a "poor universum", telling him to grow up???? Are you trolling for an argument ? - sure seems like it

this EXACT type of ATTACK on a member (for answering a question that was posted) and is the MAIN REASON this site LOST it's active members

CATMAN is right 100% - politics, fighting and lack of e-leadership (plus the decline in the sport as a whole in the us)
Rick was was no internet marketing master, and failed to manage this community (when it was active) that would be a long term success. and RIck REFUSED to manage his email marketing (SPAMS) which is illegal and unethical -

The site was suffering massive attrition before Rick passed.

RIck was not the only reason the site is on it's death bed

Recreational cat-sailing as a sport is also in it's death throws
no one wants to hear a bunch of old sailors argue over rules or handicap crap
most technical questions have already been written about / covered on this site
only 2 people want to see the political stuff
this site was occasionally so UNFRIENDLY that it would scare off newbees: - there is a much more gentle alternative to how this site was ran (thebeachcats) - so ageing catsailors and no new blood = death of the population

Mn3