Carl, you already know my view on this, but for people who weren't following the earlier discussion on the F20 forum, may I try to frame your final question in a way that gets at what seems to me to be the critical issues...

1. If you (anyone) have contemplated racing the Tybee in a one-design class on an assumption that you would have enough competitors for separate class scoring (and based on recent history, I think that effectively means I-20), would you be happy to race instead as an F-20, i.e. compete first-to-finish against any boat (I-20 or not) that satisfies the rule that Carl has proposed (and which is designed to reflect the design parameters of the I-20).

2. If you have contemplated racing the Tybee in a boat that would likely not have enough competitors for a one design start (and so would otherwise have to sail open class) but would satisfy Carl's proposed rule, would you be happy to race on a pure first-to-finish basis against any other boat that satisfies that rule, including, for example, I-20 (i.e. would you race F-20 and not open class).

3. If you have contemplated racing the Tybee in open class (regardless of whether or not you would satisfy the proposed rule), how many competitors would you consider necessary for it to be worth your while?

Whether there is enough readership here to actually reach significant conclusions on the issues above I'm not sure, but these represent what I think are the main questions that bear on the viability of F-20 racing in the Tybee.

(Disclaimer: In case it's of interest to Sam or anyone else, I am not in any way connected with any aspect of the Tybee 500, beyond being an interested observer.)

Mark.

(still an F16 devotee; just think the prospect of another formula class is interesting)