Let me preface this with the fact that I like One-design/F18 racing.

I believe the F20 rules as proposed by Carl are too open and leave room for a one-off boat to be significantly faster on certain points of sail.

I believe the Worrell and the Tybee 500 were at their biggest and best when they went one-design. Whenever the competitions were opened up I think attendance has suffered.

I believe you will never attract international teams unless you pick a one-design class. By picking a one-design class international teams can buy or lease a boat for the race much easier.

I think you have two classes that could be picked to run next year being an I20 or an F18. I don't think anyone is interested in finishing last so if you run these together people will race the I20.

I think if a Tornado would have run the event this year it would have won the event hands down. The beam is simply too valuable to ignore. By having a mixed crowd I believe it detracts from the event.

In my opinion, after having run the race this year, I believe it should be on a one-design or F18 boat in the future. I mean I could have brought my Tiger and raced this event this year but that would have really been a bad experience. Instead I bought an I20 to race with and had fun.

Mike Hill
www.stlouiscats.com

Mike Hill
N20 #1005