Sorry fellow Mozzie people but I'm a bit confused.
Why do all the skippers who own mozzies and are discussing all the modifications to a very well designed cat want to try to change it ? This happened about 15 years ago and the class numbers dwindled into the doldrums. (when the Tiapan was born)It is now showing a big resurgance again because in my opinion the mozzie (a tried and tested to be a excellent allrounder at a respectable price) it's strict one design. If you wish to sail in something more powerfull, exotic, faster or whatever why not buy a cat that is already designed to what you want. More than likely most of the skippers in the mozzie class enjoy the cat for what it is because of it's affordability and performance. Most can't afford all the changes you guys would like to implement.(fathead mains, spinnackers, long masts etc.) Perhaps you should all join an unrestricted class see if you can keep up with finances then.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not against development of the sport of sailing but there are classes where this can happen at your wish. Please leave the Mozzie alone in it's strict one design because that is why the class is as strong today as it was 30 years ago.
Everyone on a well prepared boat has got a chance of a win, not necesarilly the skipper with the most resources to cover his inability to sail fast with the same equipment as everyone else.
Regards,
Switch[color:"red"] [/color]