Hi Switch

We could start a new thread on the decline in sailing numbers generally. That is a whole huge topic in itself and everyone has opinions on what happened, who to blame and what to do about it. That would be a good one.

We are fortunate at the moment that Mosquitos are one of the few classes which are growing rather than shrinking, and I agree that there's no need to be proposing big changes to the Mosquito right now. It's a great boat at a great price and we're all having a great time racing them (especially those of us with spinnakers!).

I don't think we need to discourage the discussions that go on on these forums though. Before we had the forum experiments went ahead all over the place and no-one heard about them except usually by rumour. On the forum here we can talk ideas over and sometimes they won't get past that stage, and sometimes the idea may sound so foolproof and wonderful that someone will try it. And then usually we get to hear the results. Not all ideas involve changing the class - we can do a lot within our rules. I think this is all healthy and it's a good thing to have an active, thinking membership.

Just don't mention "15 years ago the rules changed ...etc". It's like a red rag to a bull! [Linked Image]

Tim Shepperd
Mosquito 1775
Karma Cat