Every second word on the chat rooms and Myspace webpages that my son frequents seems to be a so-called expletive. Use of such adjectives/nouns in these forums doesn't seem to be gender specific.

Is the everyday use of expletives a reflection on the general decline in language skills across the english speaking world, especially amongst generation X and Y's? I suggest it is.

I'd also suggest that the sensibility of very few females would be affronted by such language in the 2000's.

I don't know about the US, but the f-word is widely used in most forms of media in Australia, including free to air TV after 2100 hrs, films, plays and live comedy.

Famous Scottish comdian, Billy Connolly, loves using the f-word. Rodney Rude and Kevin Bloody Wilson are great Oz comedians, that come to mind, who made the use of expletives a key part of their shows, but never in an offensive way to any particular gender, race or creed.

I think it is all a matter of context.

The etymology of the f-word can be found at &searchmode=none.]http://ww...arch=[censored]&searchmode=none.