Now see? You would probably offend quite a few Christians using that JC language in their presence. They might rather you used the F word, might be less offensive to their savior too.

I can honestly say, as a man, I have NEVER used the F word to mean Rape, and I cannot ever recall any other man using it in that context. If they are talking about rape, they usually say "raped", not F'd.

Now you've hit the nail on the head! I'm more than a little insulted by anyone who associates me with the act of rape, no matter how remote that association might seem. Rape, as a heinous and violent act, is in a class by itself. Think about it a moment. The resulting physical injury is often, not always, minimal. The psycological damage is all but irreparable! I would not wish that on my worst enemy!

To be clear, the assumption that rape is less heinous to a man than a woman is insulting and erroneous.

As for the JC language, the last time I was accosted for using that term, my response was the following.

"You can't possibly know if I was cursing or praying since you know neither my heart nor my mind. I'm disinclined to explain either."

Last edited by Tikipete; 04/01/07 11:06 AM.