I find it very strange that members of a class like the Formula 16, which is trying to build itself up, would not be supportive of and encouraging to new boats and to designers and builders who are creating boats specifically for the F16 class.
Mary, what makes you beleive the F16 class members are not supportive and or encouraging?

Personally I do not think the F16 class is "trying" to build itself up. People come to the F16 class because they are looking for an alternative to high performance cat sailing; a light weight spinnaker boat with the ability to race one or two up. People do not come to the class because of what the members preach, people will only preach what the class preaches.

The F16 class members do not need to support any builder. I think it should be the other way around. The builder should support the class members. Remember there wouldnt be a builder if it were not for the class members. The members are the people who put money in the builders pockets by purchasing boats, hardware and sails.

The F16 class is in a very comfortable position as of today and I am sure it will only get better. Obviously any boat added to the fleet will only make the class bigger. But to say the class is trying to grow itself is not an accurate statement.