Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever

The class is dieing,that's obvious.

The way the class rules are set now. You don't get a vote until there are more than 50 boat owners registered and paid in the class association.
By your logic you want to inhibit the class to the lowest common denminator, I have no interest in that. I think the fault in that logic lies in that the people can't or won't spend the money will go to another class. The other classes they will go to are more expensive, unless you want the N20 to become like a Hobie 18( nothing wrong with that just not fast and current ). It has been a cutting edge fast boat , and it would be a shame to let that go for the unmotivated sector in the class.

I don't believe it's that obvious that the class is dying. Yes, it took a big hit when a lot of sailors leapt to F18 but my perception is that the class has stabilized a little and actually grown slightly (thanks in part to Trey bringing on several new teams)...but we were the 3rd largest class at Tradewinds (16 waves, 14 F18s, and 12 20's) and still draw a very significant Nationals fleet while we've seen other classes come and go. Perhaps things do feel a little tenuous but I don't agree that we're "dying". I also wouldn't call the sector that is hesitant about a sail change "unmotivated" ... more like "cautious". If the class is on on a precipice facing decline, the wrong move here could throw it in the abyss of extinction easily. Remember the 6.0.

Jake Kohl