This is the problem with putting this **** on the forum. You get about 1000 different ideas from the sailors, the conversation veers off topic and then someone gets their feelings hurt along the way. Its like ****ing herding cats.

Chuck might have rubbed people the wrong way at times but at least he had the testicular fortitude to say "this is how we're doing it, take it or leave it" and I think in a way, that was probably for the better. I know he asked people for ideas along the way, but it took a single-minded director to get the damn race started.

**** if we used the forums to figure out how we wanted the race to go, we'd start in Islamorada, go around in circles in the Keys for days, sail to Tybee, where the race would start officially, take a stop in the Chesapeake bay, then finish in Maine somewhere. The boats would range from Hobie wave through USA 17 with a crew member requirement of X+2. It would take place over 3 days unless a sea turtle sees his shadow on the morning of the 2nd day and which case it would go to 9.5 days with a provision for a rain delay day.

Larry, I'm interested in your race. I don't know if I can make it this year but I'm definitely interested.

The only idea I'd like to add to this whole mess of a thread is that you name the race "The Flesh Torpedo 300"