Originally Posted by Undecided
Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by Undecided
Jesus Todd,

I know you're a bit behind the times, but there's this new fangled contraption called "Google Earth" that will let you search for the hotel, and if you go and drop a Pin on the beach next to the hotel, it will give you the lat/long.

For you I guess that's fine, all you have to do is look for the boats on the beach and then neglect to pay your bet debts to everyone that beat you. Has anyone even said the finishes are in front of the listed hotels (don't believe they are). So tell me how Google Earth shows you where the RC MIGHT put the finish, I missed that option.

I'm not in any way in physical shape enough to do a race like this with any degree of success whatsoever.

Since when have you ever been in any shape to finish with some degree of success? I missed that too.

Geriatric doc must have cut down on the Wellbutrin eh? Cranky one he is.

As for the first comment you made about the finishes perhaps not being near the hotels... thats very possible but is hasn't been the case for as many T500's as I've been a part of. The only one was Jupiter where we had to land about a half mile down the beach from the hotel. The GPS coordinate to the hotel gave us something close enough to where we could see the finish. I made an assumption based on past experience here Todd. No need to get all cranky about it.

As for me being in shape. For me "any degree of success" has to do with actually finishing without going to the hospital. As you know I've had problems with that in the past. But thats for bringing that up Todd. Really appreciate it buddy.

Me cranky...you know better. All typed with a smile on my face. This isn't the t-500 and you know what they say about assuming...Seriously though some of the hotels listed are not on the beach.I don't think it's unreasonable to expect an RC to give finish coordinates as that's part of the gig. I'm sure they've got it covered.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White