Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
they are for the benefit of everyone except the racers who are already shouldering all of the financial burden ( hence 10 boats or bust).

We already had sponsorships pledged and still needed 10 boats. Our entry fee is also lower than the others:
GT 300 $395/$500
EC 300 $790 plus requires SPOT
Florida 300 $300

We are doing things by the book and there are a lot of costs and time involved. We had to get approval from each town, we had to set up a nonprofit to get the reduced insurance rates and I have been working with the "DEP" for the last two week.

The current sponsors/donors, some of which prefer not to be acknowledged deserve race coverage and tracking gives the most bang for the buck.

I am also going to be "Sponsoring" most of the multimedia content by not charging. This includes risking my quadcopter for aerial footage. I want proper race coverage for my time and equipment involvement.

If I am going to work a race like this in the future, I want to know where ALL the boats are. It is just unresponsible not to. Next year the tracking money will be taken out of the sponsorship money before any is allocated for running the race or I will not be involved. We are doing this for you, not for us.

I have wasted enough of my time on this subject and agree we disagree and will not comment further.

Your welcome.

craig van eaton
Supercat 20
TEAM CYBERSPEED
www.TeamCyberspeed.com
Endurance Series
www.SailSeries.com