Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by mbounds
Originally Posted by cyberspeed
Thank you for all of the feedback on the Sailing Instructions. It will be taken into consideration.

That's exactly what a race officer tells a judge when they have edits to SIs, when the RO really means, "FU, these are my SIs, not yours."

Not that you're saying that. Not at all.

Craig is acting as punching bag here, relay-er of information, and punching bag on the other side. He's pretty skinny to endure all of that. There are a number of people that the changes need to go through.

+1 Craig is the messenger, and I've given him plenty of punches. I thank him again for all of his work on this. The end game is really making it work for the organizers, the RC and especially the racers;).Most of the organizers involved have never done one of these races and see it from an RC point of view. Hopefully,This thread has helped alot to balance the perspective from both sides. The times that I've helped with RC work at big events, I can't help but feel that sometimes there is an underlying trend of the RC feeling they are competing with the competitors rather than working to make the race better. This is the sole reason I speak out about the things I think need to be addressed. It'd be very easy to just go race, take advantage of the loopholes or absence of rules and go home, but that will not help to nurture this race , or any ,into thriving.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White