As a moderator and admin on several other forums....its not just catsailor forum that's seeing a 'decline' in use, its a global thing in which all forums are suffering from....

simply its "speed"

Facebook groups have taken over much of the daily chitchat and social aspect of most forums. wink
Its fast and its fun via FB, the humble forum however is slow and tedious in comparision.

Tech advise on the FB (facebook) sites is simply linked back to the forums and so little use other than a data base occurs

Purely an example.... lets say I get a PM from Rick, I wont receive that until I'm logged in which most likely is tomorrow, on FB however that message is instant and so is my reply.... the same applies to this thread, I wont see any reply's until I'm logged in next time, on FB however I'm instantly notified and can respond the same..

FB also allows a far easier form of "posting" and the addition of posting pics over a forum, any fool with a 'smartphone' can add a photo to their FB group, its always a suprise here and on other forums just how many people ask the usual "how do I post pics ?"

as for the site the way it is.....
When I first joined I though the layout was a disaster, almost a thrown together jumble of tacked on bits and pieces, but... having been here a while now I'm used to it and have a better 'feel" for the way I use the forum......
having said that, there are many sections I don't use at all or would have any need to even view.... the use of these sections seems to say much the same for many users here too, they are dead wood at the best

Kingy

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740