Originally Posted by brucat
One thing that I think would help (personal/brand attacks) would be to have more moderators, who are empowered to stop the train before it gets completely off the tracks. No one wants to be censored, but sometimes people act like they really need it. This isn't SA, nor should it be.

Mike

No moderation! I am opposed to censorship and I don't subscribe to the idea that one persons views/moral compass should drive an opinion board visited by a very diverse group. When someone gets out of line the community does a pretty good job of calling them out and the thread dies or a handful of posters go off and have their own little **** fight. It's pretty easy to figure out who posts something you want to read and who doesn't. I also want to know ahead of time who I should I avoid on the beach or a least what subject matter is off limits. Eye rolls can be involuntary if you're not prepared for the comment.

Pirate nailed it, forums are dead tech for news feeds. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... is simply too easy to use and post real time. Posting from a smart phone to this forum is a bit of a hassle compared to modern social media sites. Have you ever tried to bring up the main page on your mobile device? The site needs a proper scrubbing, more isn't always better.

Leave the forum alone. Clean up the front page and make it relevant or do nothing and let the new tech replace the site.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"