I was referring to the TheBeachcats.com, I never said it was full of rainbows and unicorn farts.

there are certainly a differences of opinion, and P.M. and i have had several disagreements on it.

but that is very uncommon on that site.

When I started frequenting this site, the attacks on wouter were a bit shocking (granted i was not around to see the precursor of what caused it). And i had my share of run ins with Todd (not sure which todd, but the one who was the self proclaimed "enforcer of the n20 fleet).

this was a huge turn off, and put me into defensive mode that i have never felt or needed on the other site...

I am saying this as "matter of fact" = not that one is better than the other... to be honest the fighting was interesting and even compelling at times.

heck, at times i was very bored at work and at the time wouldn't mind rattling a few cages and engage in strong dialogue to avoid doing actual work (my boss wasn't so happy with this fact i am sure)

That other site has less traffic/threads and is also very slow, esp this time of year

But i will say with no hesitation, you can/will get your head chopped off on this site much harsher than you will on that site.

there is also a big difference in skill level/experience on this site compared to that one. This site is full of very experienced sailors, engineers, and strong opinions as what is the correct way to do things. the other site is filled with many more newbies and that may have something to do with the strong opinions on this site.

Last edited by MN3; 01/14/15 12:41 PM.