Who's the [censored], the guy who defended his clear air or the guy who broke the rules to try and take it?

I don't really give a crap what the rules say,

If someone causes me to capsize on the course because of some maneuver they pulled and there was nothing I could have done about it, then that person is going to hear about it later.

You're stuck in the "rules of sailing say I can do this" while I'm more in line with the "rules of being a good person and caring for the well-being of others and their property say that I shouldn't."

Too many people think that because their "racing" means that they can be a douchebag and get away with it because they're playing inside the rules. I know my opinion isn't popular amongst those "serious" or "competitive" or "driven" racers.

Again, just so we're clear, I'm not talking about using the rules to give you an advantage on the course, I'm talking about using them to cause an accident that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

I've found that the best approach is to understand exactly what the rules allow and then be a nice guy anyway. All the while expecting that you will not be treated any better than the rules require.

It's for this reason that you really do need to "give a crap" about what the rules say.