I'd love to see the developement of a new boat to fascilitate the intro of cat sailing to our youth. However I can tell you that Pat and 204 are masters of this already. For me, I always wanted to share my love of sailing with my nieces and nephews. The right opportunities have not been there, and I haven't made the effort needed to create them. When my fleet hosted the H16 Nationals last September, I had the chance to meet Pat, and a surprising number of families from 204. This fleet has succeded where many have not. It may be due to chance factors, like there being a good number of similarly aged kids, but the results speak for themselves, ie... Steeplechase results. I love this thread, and would like to go on, but don't have time. Design and build the boat! But follow 204's formula for generating interest! I'm very proud of 448, but we don't compare to our Northwestern cousins. My hat is off to Pat and his fleet. I don't know them well, but I am thrilled by what I observed of 204's sailors.