There are/were more than 50 Javelin 2 F18HT in the US.

This was claimed often by one particular source (mostly you and W.F.) but the fraternaty of beach cat builders tell a different story. At one time, it was claimed also that 50 Jav's 16 were on order/build when the Jav 16 had only been launched 2 months or so. The same source said that many were going to the USA and make F16 life very difficlt. Even back then we discarded that claim as being given by a lunatic.

I dare say on record right here that I don't believe for one second that there are 50 F18HT's in north America (USA, Canada and Mexico). I have never found the proof for that, builders deny it and in race results we only seen about 10 to 15 boats appear (all together only 2 times). I put the real number of imported boats much closer to 25. A good number of them (Alter cup boats) remained unsold in W.F. garden for very long times.

It was all just one big hype much like the investment banks stock market is right now. Looked good on paper but the real presence was highly overleveraged. This allowed the class to vanish in a rediculously short timeframe after it hit a snag.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands