I doubt the dutch have a lot of basements

That was a lame attempt at humor. I havent talked to WF, he stopped communicating with me and others after the Worrell fiasco. I've since heard he had health problems and financial problems, but thats second hand.

The elephant in the room is your total avoidance of the central issue

The title of the thread was "What happened to all the HTs?" and thats the question I thought we were discussing. I'm pretty direct and wasnt trying to avoid anything, so if you want my opinion, I can offer it.

What happened?

I assume you mean "What happened to the class." It stopped operating because the people behind it made a decision to stop organizing it. WF was the original driving force behind the class, he was the importer, owned the website, owned the class trailer and the main promoter of the class. WF was the one who worked with Mike Worrell to get the HT selected for the Worrell 1000. WF convinced Bimare into sending 12 boats for the Alter Cup that were supposed to be later used for the Worrell.

There was a small group of HT owners that started stepping in to take on and take some of the responsibilites from WF about the time the Worrell was supposed to happen. We had regular meetings and started to organize the class, the rules and the racing schedule.

Once it became obvious to us that WF's dealings with Mike Worrell and Bimare had soured, and would cause too much of a distraction, we decided to stop our efforts to move the class forward. WF stopped communicating with us, he let the website lapse and that was the end of it.

Personally I do believe the HT is a great round the cans racer and was(is) a horrible choice for a distance race like the Worrell.

If the class had not gotten involved in the Worrell, it would have grown organically and probably been intact today. Most of the guys that bought the boat to train for the Worrell sold them shortly after it became obvious that the race wasnt going to happen.