Just a quick post to see if there is any movement on updates for the SCHRS/ Texel / SwelLYS etc or US/ Aus/ UK PY's ratings for 2009 and if they will ever get in alignment? I know all about the measurement V’s history of the systems but in each group ( measurement or history) there is such variations. And one other questions if SCHRS is seen as near perfect why is it not used by all ISAF nations? Why is PY still popular and a lot of nations have their own measurement systems.

It would be interesting to see a selection of boats, new and old, light and heavy, high sail area and low sail area, in all the measurement rules and PY rules and see the variations, what you will see is huge difference between boats in each measurement and PY systems. Who chooses?

I’m like a dog with a bone on this subject I just can’t let it go! I believe no boat can rate to a single number for all conditions, it’s just impossible, we just have to live with a so-so system. but can we not agree on one system and get rid of the rest.