Originally Posted by Jake

Look, Portsmouth works pretty well and we've watched the F18, N20, H16, F16...all these numbers work themselves out. It's big glaring weakness is new boats and boats without much data (like Dave pointed out, one design boats that don't compete much in open class). It's strength is that it's flexible. It's weaknesses can be overcome by applying the strengths of Texel or another measurement based system for the numbers that have relatively few points of data (the numbers with brackets).

Then how come the F17 still has a peach of a rating then? Or are all the US sailors sailing them badly?

Last time I looked it was about 4% more generous under USPN than under SCHRS or Texel, We do not even have the up-to-date measuremnets for the F17 as no-one will send me one; I've been waiting 10 months! I made a guess last time I compared them.

Does ANYONE have a measurement certificate that confirms the data-points of the F17.

I never say the "protested" one form Carnac last year, and I have an owner pestering Nacra EU for one, but they do not appear to be able to provide one.

F16 - GBR 553 - SOLD

I also talk sport here