Quote - Scooby

"[/quote]" To answer Codblow (again) SCHRS has to make an assumption about crew weight, thus we use the worldwide average that is 75kg for an adult. Some will be lighter, some will be more.

We CANNOT implement a "actual crew weight" element as this would:

A, mean at EVERY EVENT and every race you have to weigh EVERYONE and re-calc the rating - it would be impossible.
B, Protests on weight of the crew anyone? - another nightmare
C, Inaccurate or differing scales? Had a big curry the night before?

We will not be implementing a "Crew weight" based rating element. End of story. [/quote]"

Scooby I didn't ask any questions , nor sought any answers from you .

I'm well aware as I said of SCHRS stance on anomalies , and don't need things rammed down my throat as if I'm some sorta half wit !!!

SCHRS is your rule , your running it , good , I can live with that .(and thanks for doing it too - schrs has certainly improved cat racing )

Any measurement rule created will have anomolies in it - thats why you will always get bandits and dogs , whatever you do .just look at monohull racing and the shed load of money spent on rating rules the computing power put into it and decades of developement .

All I was trying to say , with the new RYA PY system we have a unique opportunity to merge the systems together which could iron these things out .

I'm not talking of weight of sailors here.

But it is concievable that as time progresses and the rya py improved and quicker database develops , we could - shock , horror, god forbid , look at personal handicaps , for club racing , we all know what a can o worms in the past this has been and a crock of sh~t , but, could be an answer to dismal turnouts in club racing throughout uk.

goes without saying champion ship and event racing would still be on boat rating under whatever system

(can't believe I just said that !)
Still look at golf , works for them ,

Last edited by Codblow; 01/30/09 08:27 AM.