Have a frank conversation with your Rep - I find that they're all pretty straight up about bringing things forward. If you don't get the sense you're being heard, bounce it up a floor. General concerns with ratings are, of course, the purview of the Portsmouth Committee, which is not a Committee under the Multihull Council as some seem to think. All the Council is considering is looking at the various options and listening to the concerns in order to determine if action is needed, determine what that action may be, and then work to see the action implemented. We can't (and wouldn't) tell the Portsmouth Committee what to do or how to do it. We can spend some time looking at concerns from around the country, distilling common issues, and carrying the message in a concise way forward. We can also make national-level recommendations (like the multihull courses) for racing, which could include an option for using other ratings systems for some events (like distance races).

I'd heard a lot of concerns about the N20 v. F18 number some years ago, but thought that once the F18 number dropped to 62.4, people were pretty satisfied. Do you have some race data that needs a look?

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.