Originally Posted by Undecided
OOOOoOk. Whatever. The question still stands. What hard proof do you have that results aren't being reported?

It's not being reported accurately or very often. I've had discussions with Darline about it. She has to do an incredible amount of manipulation to get the data that she receives in an operable fashion and a lot of people don't use the variable wind ratings (which are much more accurate than the straight DPN number).

One thing I started to pursue was with Colin - they guy that created Sailwave. He's already doing this with the RYA...but we talked about having an option in sailwave where you select "send results to US Sailing". If you have an active internet connection, it would send a data file to a US Sailing managed FTP site with exactly all the information that can be immediately imported into a database that would crunch the rating calcs.

It takes a lot of coordination to make this happen but Colin is ready and willing to add it if the details can be worked out on the other end...that's where I left it.

Jake Kohl