Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Portsmouth ratings do not stink! I am not making that argument. I state the rating system is more or less fair.

The complaint is... The system is falling apart. For example a late season PN correction was petitioned for and granted to ensure a more or less fair table of ratings.

Why did that happen? The Portsmouth process is slow and requires a lot of data which cannot be obtained in 2009 and onwards. The reason to change is to consider LOOKING FORWARD WHAT IS THE BEST SOLUTION for the US Sailing scene.

I think we're starting to get somewhere in this discussion now. The system did fall apart for a while but it had nothing to do with the system itself. It was because the actual calculation/database system was taken on by a new person with the goal of modernizing the software that manages it. The process quickly got complicated and there was basically no rating calculation taking place for over 1.5 years...the F16 fell squarely in this void. At present state, the previous computer system is in use again by Darline which is why we started to see some timely changes again. However, it is in need of some modernization....which would be a good time to implement some improvements if it's seen fit by the Portsmouth Committee.

Jake Kohl