Hi,

I'm a "Area C" resident/competitor ..... and the owner of one of the two last "Open" class boats in the area that Mark mentioned .... so why didn't I go????

For me the biggest hurtle is the "US Sailing" membership requirement for the crew .... it's tough enough to find crew ... any crew .... but now I have to find someone who is a US Sailing member also .... now I am a US Sailing member myself but both my boats are two-up ... a TheMightyHobie18 and a P19MX ... so I need crew.

And since I have only very limited employment currently .... $$$$$'s are a issue ....

And one more very personal reason ..... everytime I've gone to the Jersey Shore for pleasure in the recent years .... my friends or I ... or I've witnessed someone being "taxed" by some local police officer in the form of a ch_cken-sh_t ticket .... last year was my turn ... for not wearing my seatbelt ... no NJ license plates were pulled over ...only "out-of state" plates were pulled over and ticketed. It's all about generating revenue for the politions spending ... So personally I have better places to go and spend my $$$$'s then NJ .... added to that fact also is that the only thing cheap in NJ is the gas as the hotels/motels/campsites are too expensive anymore ... (property taxes are very high!!!!)

Harry

So to the residents of NJ .... get your Cops/Polititions under control if you want me to come and play .... w/ my $$$$$'s!!!!!!!