Kris, I am talking about the video and the timing... Are you saying that Wave luffed too late?

Originally Posted By: brucat
Obviously, since there apparently was no contact, Stray Cats (barely) kept clear of Wave (and vice-versa).

SRM wrote

I would argue that that's not necessarily the case. There doesn't need to be contact in order to establish that one boat didn't keep clear. In fact, by making contact, either or both boats could be penalized under Rule 14.

In any case, after looking at the video several times, my opinion is that there are really two separate incidents that occur. The first being when Stray Cats enters the starting area from astern and above both Adrenaline and Wave with essentially no right of way under Rule 11. Wave's response to this is to luff. Whether the speed of Wave's luff violates Rule 16.1, or if Stray Cats Violated Rule 11 is open to interpretation. But this would be the topic for a separate protest. ...

Are you taking the interpretation that Wave fouled Stray Cats because the luff was too fast and no room and opportunity were given?

crac.sailregattas.com