Originally Posted by Undecided
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but with all the interest generated in sailing due to the AC, particularly with multihulls being front and center - is there a plan to try and capitalize on this buzz?

Not even sure if thats something that you guys do - figured it would be worth asking though.

I agree. One thing I found most people liked about the AC format, was actually the AC45 World Series Format where there was BOTH match racing and fleet racing with a combined points winner.

Why not change things up with the US Multihull championships format and go to a combined Match Race and Fleet Race regatta? You could easily do a day or two of match race round robins, then two days of Fleet racing, and in the end name three champions (Match Race champ, Fleet race champ, and overall Regatta champ).

Would this "mix" things up and generate interest? What if there were higher stakes involved? What if sponsors and manufactures would sponser the grand prize of a new set of sails for the champ?

Why isn't match racing more popular on mulithulls? After watching the cup, it would be great to do some match racing against other multihulls.

I wish I could attend the meeting, but I'm driving to the H16 nationals that day.

2014 Hobie 16
1995 Hobie 16