Originally Posted by brucat
You've already taken the lead down that path, I'm not following.

laughable

The first person I heard this from is Liz. I know you have a history and can't fathom that she could have a good idea, but that's what I know.

More equivocation and parsing. (Bert? Ready to weigh in?) The "you" in that second sentence should be considered plural. You're one short step away from the disgruntled former chairmen club. I may lose on the vote to admit you. In the meantime, hold fast to the fiction that everyone who came before you must somehow be wrong.

US Sailing worked behind the scenes with the host club, and got a lot done with ACEA. No one ever said the volunteers did nothing (actually, you were the first to "compare" the staff to the volunteers, which I think is appalling). But, I'm tired of hearing that US Sailing does nothing from people who were not involved. This is not a criminal case, if you choose to not believe me, I'm OK with that and have better things to do than constantly play defense.

Deflections aside, you still haven't said what the "big time" was - I know who took the lead working with Sausalito. US Sailing played a role, but not the bigger role by any measure.

Would you like to join us in FL and help us come up with some new ideas?

Your ideas are working so well! I read it on the internets. Biggest Alter Cup evar! You've only got a few more years to go before you can say that you've put more into it than me.

Honestly, here're ideas - Ask people who have attended Alter Cup before and after the format change what they think. There may already be letters sitting in Rhode Island. Don't waste time with surveys of sailors who haven't and won't ever show up. Ask the fleet about eligibility and life jackets. Don't blame sailors for not coming to meetings. Ever. When you're feeling or express resentment of the fleet (particularly if you put it in an email), you've lost the plot.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.