Mike, I'm not dodging at all. Never have. My suggestion to you is to reach out to the sailors in the fleet. Not on Catsailor. Pick up a phone. There are ideas, though they might sound familiar. There are certainly opinions about what went well this year and what didn't. And that concerns administration, NOT the efforts of the volunteers in running the event. Caleb is right - fun time had by all, and a lot of effort went into it. As much as it might play against your preconception, I had nothing but gratitude and a helping hand to offer while in Sausalito. To circle back to the original point, you need to be honest, at least with yourself, about who did what. Broad statements like "big time" and "momentum" need to be realistic. The boats are not too expensive to charter if the manufacturer is recognized as the title sponsor. With Rolex out of the picture, that should be on the table.

While you're at it, please make sure you get the balances and expenditures on the various multihull restricted funds and have them reflected in the minutes.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.