Originally Posted by air_apparent
.... lets not think about what we want to sail but what the next generation want to sail if we want the mosquito to attack new blood....

What I witnessed at the titles suprised the hell out of me, as I left the rescue boat and waded back to the beach, one of the beach goers remarked on how lovely all the mosquitos were, she then asked what all the other boats racing with them were......
I remarked that they were mostly mosquitos with a few arrow catamarans, the arrows have an "arrow head" symbol, she then said but what are the other ones that haven't got the mosquito word on them ???

So from a non sailing perspective, if you want people to know "what boat is that" then this is probably one hell of an advertising tool that we are missing all together
shocked
[Linked Image]

even at a great distance & back to front.... the type of boat is clearly visible

[Linked Image]
Ask any non sailing person what boat that is and I'll bet 99% will say its a mosquito.... wink
the seed is planted, they'll have a boat type they can identify with instantly, that might help if they take up sailing wink

attracting new blood for the swarm could be as simple as a single word...
wink

If we are to upgrade to a fat-head or square top sail then while we are at it then maybe the word mosquito should be a major part of that plan....

just typing out-loud here

wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740