Originally Posted by Matt_Stone
... if u want to modify a mossie go F16 rules ....

Originally Posted by alegayter_mossie
....If people want to play with square top jibs that is what development classes like f16 are for....

Personally I don't think anyone here wants to go F16, for me its more of an upgrade to a design that keeps the boat both modern in its appearance with a slight performance gain thrown in, we after all are playing with the very future of the class so extreme care is well warranted as it's equally as important as the change to non timber hulls and the addition of the spinnaker. It worries me to think that if we cant make a few well planned and thought out changes through the decades that people will infact go F16 or other classes to stay in a modernish boat & that cant be good for the class in the long run
The fact that we have changed from home built timber hulls and the addition of the spinnaker suggests we have already taken tiny steps down the development road wink

There does not need to be any modifications to the jib to work with a square top. Square top jibs are new and still in development besides they need major modifications to the rig to work.

From what I have read on the subject your quite right, but the question had to be asked, just to make everyone aware that one change to the mainsail could have a flow-on effect from those running a jib further down the road....

As for the sail on 1781 and few others they are totally within the current class rules.

cool never doubted it for an instant.... but its already 'trending' to a squarer sail shape in my opinion .....

I do think the advertising on the sails can be beneficial to the class and should certainly be encouraged.

grin ..... without question in my opinion aswell

Can anyone give us a what it cost breakdown please

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740