Just a comment on price for an updated mast for a square top sail.

This is a ball park figure; The same size mast with internal reinforcing currently stands at approximately $850-900 dollars.(a discount would be probable if bought in bulk ).

this would require a commitment from the Mossie association or enough members willing to go down that parth as a new batch would have to be made.

The second option would be to change the building restriction rules to allow a deeper mast section to be adopted. This I presume would take some time to happen. Having to be proposed at the AGM.And someone who can test out a new rig that can be adopted.

One of the most common sections that would be suitable is 110 deep and sixty seven wide. With a 1.9mm wall.(used on some nacras) I haven't asked the price of this section but it safe to presume that it would a couple of hundred less than the other option.

Projecting into the future, if this upgrade did go ahead today the initial take-up would be minimal but in time second hand sails and masts may become available to those that don't want the larger outlay of a new rig.

There are other issues that others may want bring up but that is enough now from me.
Dave 1724

David Madden 1724
Brisbane Valley Sailing Club
Mossies are still alive in Qld.