Originally Posted by Jake

But there is a pretty stark difference! Jay, the certificate process you are talking about is for a relatively serious boat that cost a pretty penny when compared to a 15 year old Prindle 18-2. You just can't expect the guy that spent $1200 on his entire boat to go through a two month certification process (possibly involving the cost to have stuff measured) to get a piece of paper that he really doesn't care about. I would rather assign the guy a rough handicap number and have a better chance that he shows up to a regatta every now an then instead of making it MORE difficult for him to do so.

That right there is a real world post! Craig, I'm happy to help and if you need me to present something to the board I'm happy to do that too. This really isn't that complicated or costly to the participants. We just need the board to be willing to try something different and they have clearly demonstrated that they/you are there for the sailors so I don't think it will be that difficult to sell.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"