Hi Carlbohannon

What do you think of this idea? Take a plan view and profile drawing of a cat you like (I experimented with the A2) import it to Adobe then compress the drawing in length only. What happens is the boat “fattens up”. So while you are scaling the length down you might be able to manipulate the volume to stay the same.…Just adjust it where you have the length you want and print it to a known scale. Draw your stations over this print and make up your offset table. It is not a finished product, and it is not on CAD but might be a good place to start…The basic volume distribution should balance out near the same point, and if you had a plan view of the hull you could shorten it up, fatten it up, but keep the general water flow paths… The sail plan would have to be entirely different as the rig would be much to high aspect.It would not be a direct copy, but a good reference point from which to explore. Don't infringe on the designers copyright! They are quite wide in scope...

I know that most, if not all boat designers would say you can not change the lenght of a design more than 10% +- without problems...but didn't I read somewhere that the Tornado was born as a scaled down 25 footer???

Bob