Thank you for all the posts, especially regarding methods to collect existing design information.

I'm also discussing this on The Multihull Forums, which has a lot of people who've built small and large boats and are very knowlegeable about different construction methods and materials.
I've been informed that my idea about using CM won't quite work out, and that the stressform method (folding ply around bulkheads) would be easier/quicker.

I have plans for the Quattro14 by Richard Woods, which I'm using as a general "how to build a boat" guide. It's got too much of a Deep-V shape to the hulls, too much rocker, no dagger-boards, and an exterior deck-flange. Looks like a fun boat to sail and likely competitive with most of the current F14 fleet, but by no means a modern performance-driven design.

It's too out-of-date to even base a modern design on, and that is my purpose in this venture: to give the public a design as modern as possible so they will have a starting-point for building their own boat. I'm not trying to sell anything, and (after testing, if the boat proves to be worth building!) will post the design free to the internet.
I'm also trying to figure out how to design sails so that I can post the patterns for making the sails out of Dacron. I'm trying to keep in the "spirit" of the F14 class for good, cheap fun

My biggest concern at the moment is how to transfer a 3D design to a 2D surface. Basically, what shape will I be cutting out of the plywood that will fold up into the boat I design. Towards this end, I'm going to take some large rolls of paper, Tyvek or what-not, and lay them out on some upturned hulls and trace the pattern. I want to check out some TheMightyHobie18 hulls, P18-2 hulls, and Hobie Wave hulls, and study the difference in the patterns. Obviously, I'll be shooting for somewhere in-between.

Also, I'm concerned with how much radius I can bend into the 4mm plywood. This will ultimately dictate wether or not I end up with a nice round bilge or a rounded-v shape.

G-Cat 5.7M #583 (sail # currently 100) in Bradenton, FL Hobie 14T